Roll Call: ant, spike, mike
*Players: I,Rogue; Isla, bellos,
Advanced NPC: Beyatch.
*Mission: Return Beyatch to her parents. Um…village.
- IR gets juniper berries.
- Isla on watch. Identifies people. Magic Goat People. Playing Petshop boys.
- “No fires.”
- I,Rogue and Beyatch are enamoured by the music.
Kel: I hate acting out shag scenes.
Ant: then why do you write them?
- Beyatch is double-teamed by satyrs. In 2 and a half minutes, she screams 57 times. So does Bellos. His heart is broken. Actually, he was fine with it. “Now we know why she’s called Beyatch Whistler”
- Satyrs reveal multiple dangers in forest: trolls, nymphs, river monitor & Aragneia.
- Aragneia sounds like a spider name.
- Isla decides that after watching a double team, they’ll have a double watch.
- I,Rogue and Bellos pull double-watch. (Rolls: 2 and 20 respectively)
- bellos and Beyatch have some tension now. Beyatch relegated to NPC status.
- It’s a cold night with no fire, and the Mötley Crüe do not sleep well.
- Beyatch leads Crüe to her village. She’s not confident. Is she lost. Isla curses at her. Doesn’t believe she knows where she’s leading them.
- Isla calls her bluff with sense motive check.
- Beyatch is still enamoured and is in fact leading Crüe to River Monitor.
- Isla believes ill intent. I,Rogue believes she’s just enamoured and means no ill.
- moving on, Bellos sees birds flying in front of Crüe. Then stopping. Then flying. Makes connection to Druids of previous adventures.
- birds lead him to a deceased bug bear knight body, where he discovers loot.
Bellos to Beyatch: “you going to fuck that stiff too.”
He thinks he’s been stiffed in this relationship. One bad roll can ruin a toss salad.
- find steep gully leads to waterfall.
- IR says no to Bellos searching. This time he wants the loot. Gives waterfall a visual only “no treasure here.” Then Bellos rolls a 19 and discovers….
…over the rushing sound of the waterfall…
… a muffled groan away from the river. Away from wterfall noise.
- Bellos’ tinnitus kicks in. He uses it like a sonar sense to triangulate the position of the sound.
- THiNG in tree suckers him up.
- big spider.
- Isla climbs tree.
- Bellos swings. Hit x2.
- IR lassoes Bellos legs and pulls against tree.
- Bellos beat it off.
- IR goes to moanee.
- Reveals Cocoon People in other tree.
- Cuts cocoon people free.
*IR is spider splooged and dragged further into tree. He punches spider in eye.
*Punches in throat. Spiders have no throat, and therefore he misses.
*Bellos and Isla climb tree, discover cocoons too.
- Bellos kills spider. The spider falls on party. Knocks IR anD Isla out of tree.
- Isla DOUBLE 1. Okay. Foot sticks in spider carapas on way down.
- IR damaged. -1.
- Isla stablilised IR. -3. Bellos and Isla get treasure.
- Free cocoon people. Orc and Dwarf in cocoon.
- Sworn enemies. Both are lying about who captured who, playing the blame game.
- Facts are that at Beaverdam there was an Orc Attack.
- Isla says Orcs aren’t cunning enough to hunt and trap. Isla tough negotiating.
- Tie Orc to tree, rope around throat.
- Players pause to watch “Monkey Frog” on You Tube
- If I was that Orc, I’d be very scared now.
- Let Dwarf free. Marshall Ahkbed.
- Rescue brother of dwarf: trapped underwater. New mission.
*IR has to rest over night to get to 1 HP.
- Warband of Orcs heading north. East to hole.
*Set up camp in dark woods at Beaver Dam.
- Beaver DAm – water down hole.
- Dwarf: “hiding from orcs” Isla rolls 20. “He’s bullshitting.”
- Random monster encounter: Giant Owl looking for frogs. Must have watched that video on youtube too-hoo.
- Isla spooks owl as she reasons they are short sighted. Owl talks.
- Beaverdam revealed as Elf Tomb.
- IR healed. Talks to Orc. Gets nowhere. IR not a very good negotiator/interrogator. Let’s dwarf attack Orc while others try to stop dwarf from harming prisoner. IR reasons they might as well just kill the orc. IR has “issues” with full-bloodied orcs.
- Dwarf knocks out ORC.
- IR is finally talked into exploring water tomb. Ties rope around waist and submerged tree as well as Bellos and Isla. Tug system for trouble.
- In 3 or 4 goes, IR finds dead dwarf and secret entrance.
- Near drowns and is now unconscious.
END OF BROOKFIELD SESSION